Terms & Conditions
The Claremont is a late Victorian semidetached building with no ground floor bedrooms.
There is no lift to bedrooms, consequently access may be difficult for people with limited mobility and unsuitable for those who use wheelchairs.
The following statement is a summary of our provision. To the best of our knowledge the information & measurements given are accurate. Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions and we will endeavour to help.
Our website: www.theclaremont.co.uk provides a map, tariff, direct online booking and complete information about the services we provide. Menu & room information folder along with this statement can be supplied as in large print, with suitable prior notice. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille. We can be contacted by telephone, text, letter or email. Full details are available at the end of this statement.
Terms and Conditions.
At the Claremont we want you to enjoy your stay and therefore would like you to read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before making a reservation.
When you make a booking you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
If any part of the terms and conditions are unclear then do please contact us prior to booking for clarification.
Every attempt is made to maintain the information on this website, keeping the content up to date. The Claremont however, does NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information nor does it accept liability for any errors or omissions in the information displayed.
The Claremont reserves the right to make changes and improvements without prior notice.
- Reservations can be made by telephone, email or our online booking facility.
- A valid credit card and contact details are required to secure the booking.
- The first named person is responsible for the booking and should be over 18 years old.
- Once a booking is placed, you will receive a booking confirmation via the e-mail address you provided.
- Two days before your arrival, your credit card will be charged the full booking amount.
- We do not accept stag/hen type party groups. We reserve the right to cancel such bookings.
- When booking accommodation for special events no special offers or discounts are applicable.
- Guests are allowed to check in after 3:30pm.
- If you arrive earlier, it is not guaranteed that there will be any personnel available to accommodate you.
- Please ensure that you bring luggage you can carry up stairs as our personnel is unable to help take your luggage to your room.
- Check in time is until 6pm. Please ensure that you contact us if you will be arriving later than that.
- Late check in's are available on a pre booked basis only at a fee of £7.50.
- The latest, late check in accepted is up to 11pm. There won't be anyone to carry out check in after 11pm.
- Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 10:30am on the day of departure.
- Guests are required to check out by 10:30am to allow enough time for the room to be cleaned and sanitised for the next guests.
- Breakfast is served from 8am to 9am.
- Breakfast is not available outside these hours.
- You will be required to provide a time to our personnel to be booked in for breakfast.
The deadline for cancellation is 00:00 two days before arrival date.
- Cancellations later than that will be charged for their full stay.
- The Claremont reserves the right to fully charge any cancellations made in breach of our policy, (including a breach due to any unforeseeable occurrences).
- We strongly advice our guests to take out travel insurance to cover against cancellations.
- No refunds can be made for early departures.
- Payment in full for the original intended stay will NOT be refunded.
- Lost or unreturned keys will be charged at £30 per set which, you as the guest agreed that such payments may be taken direct from the debit/credit card supplied at the time of booking without any further permission required.
No Pets Allowed.
The Claremont has a strict no Pet policy. Unfortunately due to Cynophobia in one of our staff members, no dogs are not accepted. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
- A no show will still be charged the full price of the reservation. If a guest fails to arrive the room may be re-let.
- For the security of all, we ask that you do not leave the front door open for any reason and that you do not allow anyone else in when you enter or leave.
- Non residents are only permitted with the personnel's prior consent.
- It is against the law to smoke inside or on the premises.
- We have a no smoking policy throughout property, including the front garden area.
- Should one choose to ignore this important health and safety policy or if the personnel suspect you have, you will be asked to leave and will be charged for your entire stay together with an additional cleaning charge of £50 to restore the room to a smoke free condition.
No naked flames.
- We have a NO naked flames policy in place to provide a safe environment for all our guests.
- The use of lighters, candles, flammable liquids and solids, fireworks, firelighters, lighter fuel etc... is strictly prohibited by law.
- Should one choose to ignore this important health and safety policy or if the personnel suspect you have, you will be asked to leave and will be charged for your entire stay together with an additional cleaning charge of £50 to restore the room to its original condition.
In the unlikely event that you should have cause for concern during your stay, please bring the matter to the attention of the personnel immediately. Every effort will be made to potentially meet your requirements and resolve problems.
It is considered unreasonable to raise concerns during check out or after your departure, seeing that the Claremont personnel were not given the opportunity to attend to the matters.
Damaged or Lost guest's property.
- The Claremont will NOT be held responsible for damage or loss of guest's items.
- It is the guest's responsibility to safeguard their own property at all times. All persons using the premises do so entirely at their own risk.
Damage to the property.
- The Claremont reserves all rights to charge a new for old charge to your credit/debit card for any damage, breakage or theft found in your room.
- The card will be charge on a new for old policy.
Zero tolerance policy.
- The Claremont operates a zero tolerance policy on behaviour.
- Any guest found to be acting inappropriately or illegally will have their accommodation revoked.
- We reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation when you engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes disturbance or nuisance to guests or personnel and, or cause damage to the property.
- Complimentary WIFI is available throughout the building.
- We make no guarantees as to the availability and/or performance.
No Discrimination Tolerance.
- The Claremont does not allow any discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, creed, sex, martial status, age ethnic origin , disability etc...
- The Claremont will not tolerate any discrimination towards any personnel or guests.
- Guests are expected to adhere to this policy.
There is good provision of local transport.
The bus stops are just a short walk around the corner on Clifton Drive South along a level pathway. From here are frequent services for St Anne’s, Lytham, Blackpool & Preston.
Coach services are available to & from St Anne’s via Blackpool or Preston.
The nearest railway station is St Anne's. (Approximately 3/4 mile) with frequent services to Blackpool South & Preston.
We recommend two local taxi companies.
Whiteside Taxis - 0800 711611
Premier 401000 Taxis - 01253 401000
Arrival including parking.
Details regarding your arrival at The Claremont.
We ask for your anticipated arrival time to ensure we are here to welcome you.
To ensure your accommodation is ready, check in time is after 3:30pm. Early* and Late check in's are available on request at an extra fee. Late Check in's are available up to 11 p.m. . *Subject to availability.
We are located at the beginning of Derbe Road just off the A584 Clifton Drive South.
Free public parking.
There is ample FREE unrestricted parking on the wide road at the front of the house. There
are no disabled parking bays.
Access to the property.
From the pavement is a gateway with a 4cm stone step into the garden with a level tarmac path.
On arrival guests are required to complete a registration form. Our facilities are explained, your questions answered and we supply a house key and a bedroom key. We ask is that guests show consideration for others during their stay.
The outer entrance door has one step 13 cm high, 100cm wide. This door is not locked.
Once inside the carpeted porch please ring the push button bell on the left inner door frame which is at a height of 1.45m. The porch is well lit during the hours of darkness.
We welcome your arrival through the inner door which is 83 cm wide and has a 16cm step, into our fully carpeted hallway.
Information regarding The Claremont's public areas.
Lounge & Dining Room.
The Lounge & Dining room lead off the hallway with no steps.
A push button bell to call for assistance is provided in the hallway on the wall between the dining room & lounge. The hallway has a large notice board with local information and leaflet racks.
There is no ground floor public toilet.
All corridors, lounge & bedrooms have fitted short pile carpets & are well lit
Bathroom & all En suites have cushion vinyl flooring.
The house has central heating throughout, extra heaters are also provided on colder nights.
There are no ground floor bedrooms.
- There are initially 14 stairs to a small landing with a handrail on the left hand side.
- Straight ahead are 4 more stairs (no hand rail) to 2 bedrooms .
- Alternatively turn left, a further 5 stairs with a hand rail on the left hand side, leads to 3 more first floor bedrooms.
- From the 1st floor a further 10 stairs (hand rail on left) to another small landing.
- Straight ahead 6 steps (no hand rail) to 2 rear bedrooms.
- Turning left from landing 8 steps (hand rail left side) to two more bedrooms. (1 front & 1 side of house)
All measurements are approximate.
- All stairs are 17cm high, 80cm wide, 26cm deep
- Doors are 70cm wide except one leading to rear 2nd floor bedrooms – 62cm.
Information regarding The Claremont's breakfast room.
The dining room has an original wood floor, is bright & airy, overlooking the front garden & road. Tables & chairs are wood. The chairs have no arms.
A highchair is available.
Furniture is moveable & is arranged to accommodate necessary needs including small or larger groups of families /friends.
Tables are 70cm squares (legs at each corner), 74 cm high with a 66cm under space. Tablecloths are used.
We do play occasional background radio/music or TV which can be turned off upon request.
Breakfast is served in the dining room.
For your comfort and to prevent accidental spillages we request that guests eat takeaway or their own food in the adjoining lounge, NOT in bedrooms. Plates & cutlery are provided. Glasses on request.
The Lounge is available to guests on request up to 9:00PM.
The lounge is fitted with short pile carpet.
There is a sofa, two tub chairs, tables and straight backed chairs the same as those in the dining room.
There is a wall mounted, remote control 26” LCD television.
8 Bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, 1 Single room on the first floor has a private adjacent bathroom.
Beds are made with cotton sheets & anti allergen synthetic duvets.
Blankets are available in each bedroom.
Two synthetic pillows provided per guest. Extra pillows supplied when requested.
Bedstead height is 50cm with available under storage clearance of 27cm
Complimentary Beverage Tray.
Each room has a “hospitality tray” with cordless kettle, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, sugar & biscuits. Please ask if you would prefer fresh semi skimmed milk.
A bath sheet & hand towel is provided.
There is an information/ welcome folder, hair dryer & remote control flat screen TV’s.
Each room has storage space, generally consisting of wardrobe, drawers, dressing table with stool or chair & bedside cabinet/shelving. Also under bed storage for bags or suitcases.
Eco Friendly Light Bulbs.
Centre room lights are all fitted with low energy bulbs. Majority of beds have low energy wall lights above or low energy bedside lights.
Cot – suitable for certain rooms only and subject to availability
8 Bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, 1 Single room on the first floor has a private adjacent bathroom.
Cushion vinyl flooring.
Washbasins are ½ pedestal style with rounded fronts, spring release plugs, centre mixer taps and are 84 cm in height.
Toilets are 40cm height.
Shower cubicles have edge/step of 18cm & door opening width of 50cm.
All bathrooms are equipped with a mirror.
All bathrooms have a shaver point available.
Complimentary hand soap is provided.
Complimentary travel size shower gel and shampoo are provided.
To the front of the house we have a small garden.
Flowers, shrubs & small lawn with table & chairs available on sunnier days.
Smoke free Area.
This area is not for guests who smoke. Smokers are asked to leave the grounds & property completely. Please respect other guests by not smoking in garden area.
Additional Information about The Claremont.
We conform to current fire legislation requiring an L2 fire alarm system. In the event of a fire the alarm siren rings continuously.
Fire Alarm Assistance.
Please advise us if you feel you would need assistance in this kind of emergency eg: hearing/mobility impairment. The fire evacuation procedure is posted on all bedroom walls & in room information folders.
A “Deaf guard” vibrating system available on request.
We are an entirely no smoking building, including garden area.
Mobile Phone Reception.
Mobile phone reception is generally good.
Free Wi Fi is available throughout the building.
Allergies & Intolerances.
We require advance notice of any special dietary requirements prior to breakfast.
A communal fridge accessible by all guests is available from 8am to 9pm. *Subject to availability.
- Check in time is from 3:30pm till 6:00pm.
- Check out time is from 8am till 10:30am.
- Luggage may be stored in the communal dining room, the dining room is accessed by all guest, thus we suggest all luggage is locked before being left.
The Claremont's Contact Information.
1, Derbe Road.
St Annes on Sea
Lytham St Annes
UK - 01253723488
International - + 44 (0)1253 723488